Saturday, September 29, 2012

you colour my world

Hey there everybody.
Been a while.
I actually completed this page a week or so ago, but wanted to share it with some certain people first before I showed you guys... Sorry bout that. I still love you guys too.


I fought with this photo in colour for a long long time. I just love it. Their eyes look so pretty but I couldn't get the photo to work for me no matter what I did, decided to give it a go in black and white with this title after seeing a similar page somewhere (can't remember where), although I first fiddled with a editing program to keep there eyes coloured, (unsuccessful for this photo but very successful for a page to share soon...)

The layout of the page is based on a sketch over at Stuck?! which is this:

I made each 'square' a different colour with just one embellishment to emphasize the title. I deliberately made the squares not line up, I knew if I tried to I wouldn't pull it off enough for Mr. Carpenters keen straight line sight and I like it better this way.


The pink section is made using white cardstock, many different pink washi tapes from Purple Pumpkin, a strip of pink ribbon and a Purple Pumpkin pink corduroy fabric button. I think making one of the squares like this gives it a bit more interest, was thinking of doing two, glad I didn't.


I couldn't resist putting a little bit more of washi tape (yep, I'm on the bandwagon now) hence the strip of starts and I made the green flower from some too.


If any one has been flicking back through some of my previous posts recently you may have noticed some pictures are now missing. Where did they go? You wonder. Well no need to worry you will be seeing them again sometime but just not on here...
Anyway for that reason I am now going to put a list of the materials I use on each page at the bottom of my posts, so that I have a record should I need to check back at a later date.

Materials:
Bazzill Basics Swiss Dot - Pepper
White Cardstock
Cre8tiv Super Stack
Andrea Jayne - Pampered Pets - 6x6
Little Yellow Bicycle - Tiny Princess - Tiny Yellow Stripe
American Crafts - Thickers - Reindeer - Black
American Crafts - Thickers - Lax - Black
Bella Blvd - Washi Tape - Pink Flowers
Purple Pumpkin - Washi Tape - Various Pink and Grean
Purple Pumpkin - Fabric Buttons - Tiny Green Spotted, Blue Heart, Pink corduroy, Yellow Large Spot

Nicole
XoXoX

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Great use of the washi & love the PP button too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic Nic,very colourful and creative. Love the squares not level. I think it was a good idea to only do one square with a lot of detail. It really sets off the page. XXX

    ReplyDelete