Sunday, March 9, 2014

Kiss Kiss Hug Hug - Kraft It Up

*Please note I am still battling away posting from my phone while my computer is out of action. Please excuse poor picture and content quality. Thank you *
Hello. So I'm still keeping to my word to scrap older pre-printed pictures of the kids while I'm in a technology black out. And today I have a page from when they first meet. 

I was inspired to finally scrap this special moment of Chloe giving her new brother a gentle kiss from the Febuary Kraft It Up challenge which can be found here http://kraftitup.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/design-team-febuary-july-feb-challenge.html
The challenge is to scrap something you love using a kraft cardstock background. Have I mentioned before that I love these kids...? 
Well I do just a little bit though... And love this photo of them! It shows just how quickly Chloe knew to be gentle and began to care for him!


Once again the title was cut way back in September from my Auntys cricut, along with all the other paper elements on the page! 


I loved these banner letters as soon as I saw them and quickly cut out my signature line 'XoXoX', a perfect match for the photo and title!
As I already had many embellishments for this page I decided to give myself an extra challenge and not use any other paper! I was completely lost in the beginning but remembered my new found love of getting messy and using the awesome anything goes with it kraft cardstock created my own busy background with paints, stamps, washi tape and twine.


Avoiding any paper really was difficult for me! It is the scrap item I have the most of by far! When it came time to stick the picture down I noticed it was disappearing into my created bussyness, normally I'd mat it but no other paper... hmm... instead I used strips of ribbon around each edge and added some knots for interest.
About time I scrapped this one hey.
XoXoX Nicole.


3 comments:

  1. It's hard to remember Jayce like that. I love the colour combinations. I like the knotted ribbon as a border around the photo. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool matting your photo with the ribbons and I love that you challenged yourself to do something extra like use no patterned paper. So happy you joined us at KIU. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Nicole this is amazing I just adore your background!!! Hope your computer is fixed soon how frustrating that must be Thanks for joining us at KIU for the February challenge you have nailed it!

    ReplyDelete