Thursday, May 22, 2014

Dream Big - Creative Scrappers

I'm currently playing scrappy-catch-up for photos of my son, Jayce. This next layout features a sweet photo my mum took of him sleeping at just over 4 weeks old.
The layout is probably a lot softer then my usual page, but then again I have never claimed to have a single set style anyway and tend to let the photos feel guide me.

Dream Big... To The Moon

For as long as I have been scrapbooking (on and off for about 2.5 years now) I have brought every cloud pattern paper I have come across. And I have no idea why anymore. Where did it start? I think the idea was to do a page about Chloe learning to crawl (which I still haven't done...) and call it 'up up and away'.
Fast forward to now and I have ALOT of cloud papers and have never used any of them. As soon as I recently saw this photo at my mums I knew they'd finally have a purpose.


The layout design was inspired by 1 of the 12 birthday sketches over at Creative Scrappers. I haven't played along with one of their sketches since before my crafty break while pregnant and what better challenge to jump back in with. Hopefully I don't need to tell you it is the top right sketch that I have used.


The above photo looks down the layout in an attempt to show you all the layers. Each cloud paper has been cut into a straight line but all clouds on said line fussy cut around. Each stripe has only been attached at the bottom end so they can lift slightly.


The white cardstock is actually a 'frame' foam dotted above the clouds and the 'love you' is attached to it so that it also sits above. I stitched around the frame to add a little bit of interest to it, but my have been a bit too keen considering it was only the second time using the sewing machine and rounding a corner smoothly proved to be very tricky!


This 'Dream Big' journal card comes with the new Hello World collection pack from Websters Pages and pulls out on this layout to reveal my journalling which says "1st July 2013. Jayce at 4 weeks old, this is currently a very rare sight" 


I have again kept the embellishments to a minimum as the background is quite busy, only adding a few extra clouds here and there plus the obvious stating cricut baby boy.
Thanks for coming by. Leave some love (or hate whatever works for you)
XoXoX Nicole

2 comments:

  1. Perfect paper for the photo Nic. The colours are perfect also. What a magic photo of Jayce. Nothing is more beautiful than a sleeping child. Adore it! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet layout and photo! I love how you used the cloud paper!!!

    ReplyDelete