Thursday, July 24, 2014

Crazy Hair Days - Stuck?!

Another layout completed in the month of July. I think I might be verging on a monthly record!
Todays page features my daughter Chloe on an interesting hair day or two. The poor bub. Her Mum got the date wrong and sent her to day care with crazy hair a week early, woops, so she got to celebrate twice.

Crazy Hair Days

The design of the page is courtesy of the current July 1st sketch at Stuck?! This sketch instantly caught my attention. I had to play along and have been planning this layout all month!! I even linked my last page up at Stuck?! by accident, it has been on my mind that much!


I kept very true to the sketch, its perfect as is. Only needing to split the title next to both the photos as it was a bit too long for just the one.


Triangles are a serious trend at the moment so I decided to embrace them in the sketch design adding a few extras which gave more attention to the non-triangle elements such as the photos, flair and the &.


Recently I read a tutorial by the amazing scrapbooker Stephanie Buice on Sewing on your Layouts for My Creative Scrapbook. You can also find it and other awesome pages on her blog My Bits Of Sunshine.
It answered one question I had since my aunty Mandy let me borrow her sewing machine "How do you make the starts/finishing of your sewing look neat?" The answer was so simple poke it back through a hole. Derrrrrr. So I went a little sewing crazy and went all around the edge and around each background triangle. The corner below is the start/stop point, can you tell?
I used the gab created between the sewing and paper edge to do my journalling which fitted perfectly right around.


I have again gone Simple Stories exclusive this time using the DIY Boutique collection. An absolutely amazing collection full of colour, cool black/white patterns and lots of fun stickers! Including some clear stickers of fabulous words just perfect for adding onto the photos themselves.


Part of the reason I chose this collection was for the ampersand paper to help emphasis that it was crazy hair dayS! My bad.
Think I might start using black cardstock more often. Hope you like the page. See you again soon.
XoXoX Nicole

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see the machine getting used Nic. I love the journalling as a border, very clever. The black background works really well as a backdrop to the photos. Especially with the photos having a white border. Chloe doesn't seem to mind having crazy hair on the wrong day! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page it is so fun and vibrant, so glad you found time to play at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bright colors against the dark background. Great misting and nice touch with the journaling around your outside border. Thanks for joining in with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! How fun for her! Love all those bright, happy colors against your black background, and what a cutie pie! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete