Tuesday, July 29, 2014

(heart) you - Sassy Scrappers & Flutterby Designs

So I did a very quick inventory of my scrapbooks the other day and was completely blown away to discovered that I have created over 100 pages!!! WOW!
But then a kinda sad thought pop into my head. In ALL of these pages there was not a single layout of just Brenden and I... So I set about fixing that.

{heart} you

This has to be one of my most favourite photos of us, we look just like us, our everyday selves. It was taken October 2009 at Octoberfest in Tempe NSW, an event we promise to attend every year but haven't made it since having the kids.


I turned to some scrappy challenges to get this page done. First up I used the sketch challenge for Flutterby Designs 1st Birthday celebrations. The photo was a bit big to use this sketch to its full potential but unfortunately this is the only quality print I have of it =( My digital version has been lost, so this is actually a photocopy of picture I have had in a frame which has now been damaged.


I also took inspiration from the July Moodboard at Sassy Scrappers. As much as I absolutely love the white black and teal colour combo in the board, it was the black and sparkly gold that stuck with me.


The page uses only two pieces of pattern paper, both from the 'Sprinkled with Love' collection from Websters Pages. The repeated squares are gold foiled vellum which I hand cut super easily on my craft mat by simply following the lines I could see through the vellum.


The background has been given a little spray with both black and white dylusions mist to mix it up a bit with two WOW altaMATZ that I have then outlined in a white pen. I've also used texture paste and put a bunch of hearts all around the two focus areas of the page.


I loved the design of the (heart)you so much I decided to make it my title by hand stitching in the middle of the design with gold and white thread. I even used a matching piece of chipboard that I painted gold too.


Two other WOW chipboard piece make an appearance also painted gold at the top of the photo.


Thanks for dropping by. I'm still not done for the month of July so stop by again soon!
XoXoX Nicole.

3 comments:

  1. fabulous page Nicole. Love the vellum squares. Thanks so much for joining in at Sassy Scrappers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours Nic. I also love the hearts dotted everywhere, looks great. I must admit I prefer Brenden with short hair. Good looking couple. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oktoberfest is on my wish list this year... getting a babysitter is another! Fabulous page full of great details. Thanks so much for joining us at Sassy Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete