Thursday, July 11, 2013

Happy Birthday Renee

My creative side has been dying to make an appearance again for a long long time. A seriously long time! But with the two lil rugrats I haven't the time to make a scrap page =( so I've opted for the next best thing, card making.
Today I share a birthday card for Brendens sister, Renee:


Since moving I have realised how much scrapping stuff I really have (a lot!!) so even though I'm trying to start crafting again, I am banning myself from buying anymore! ... Well, for a lil while anyway... Unless I just must have it... Or it is a total bargain... Hmm, I'm beginning to doubt how long this will last...
Back to the point. I pulled out my off-cuts folder and seeing as I'm a slight crafting hoarder, "I might use that one day" is often muttered to Brendens disgust, the folder was full of great bits and pieces and the card is made purely from this stash.

Being one of a rare few cards I've ever made, I needed inspiration. Thankfully good ol' trusty Scrapville came to the rescue with this card sketch chellenge:


The stamped image is hippo from Bella Blvd Birthday Girl collection which I have had for ages and am so glad I finally got to use it. I am, however, now sick of using this stamp. To create the picture I stamped it multiple times on different papers, cut all the lil bits out and then arranged them until I finally found a colour combination I was happy with.


I love to receive cards, the front is always oh so pretty, then there's the nice hand written message on the inside, ahh. But with such hit and miss hand writing as mine, I didn't want to ugly it up. So I added pretties to the inside as well.




That's right. It is Renee's sweet 16th birthday today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Renees story is actually heaps amazing, born at 25 weeks weighing just a crazy 600g and having major surgeries at hours old, she beat the odds and is now old enough to drive a car! Traffic beware! =P
Renne, I seriously hope you have a fantastic day and an even better year!
XoXoX
Nicole

1 comment:

  1. The card is great Nic. You do better than your Aunt who has been doing it for over 2 years now!

    ReplyDelete