Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Layout - Attitude Already

This has got to be one of my quickest layouts ever. Completed start to finish during Chloes nap today.
I've currently been working on three other layouts that I just can't seem to perfect/am waiting for supplies to arrive so it felt extra good to actually finish this one.


The idea for this layout came this morning when I looked through my blogger feed and saw the July challenge from WOW chipboard, a colour challenge:


The colours instantly reminded me of this photo from just 3 days ago, I was trying to snap a picture of Jayce smiling put he pulled this face instead, the boy already has attitude.
I was also instantly reminded of this scraping paper, the colours match perfectly. 



You may think that the check background idea came from the fact he is laying on a checked blanket but that was actually an after thought. It really was because I wanted to use the cartoon style squares with speech bubbles that are behind the picture and the star paper however they were the same piece of paper and I only had one. Bugger. Solution: cut it up into squares and spread them out so you will never know.


The layout of the page is designed around a sketch from Purple Pumpkin. I've rotated it 90 degrees to accommodate the photo.


Hopefully I'll finish the other three soon... fingers crossed...
XoXoX
Nicole

Materials:
White Cardstock
Creative Imaginations - Signature collection
Bella Blvd - Mr Boy - Borders N Blocks
Best Creation Inc - Back 2 School
WOW Chipboard - AAC Exculsive - Attitude
WOW Chipboard - AAC Exculsive - Seriously?
WOW Chipboard - Classic Alpha - Lowercase
Purple Pumpkin - Twine - Red and Yellow
Purple Pumpkin - Felt Star
Purple Pumpkin - Fabric Button - Blue
Purple Pumpkin - Fabric Button - Red

4 comments:

  1. Love the colours. Well done Nic. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good Nicycole only a few hundred more and Jace will have the same number of layouts as Chloe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....sooooo cute! Love the bright colours and how you did the background!

    Thanks for joining us at Purple Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout - and a very clever solution. Love your take on the sketch. Thank-you for joining us at Purple Pumpkin. x

    ReplyDelete