Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Facing Forward

Hey hi.
Back again today with another layout using Scrapvilles Monthly Pack:


This time I wanted to create an layout which was not in line with the beachy feel of the paper range, so I dug up a photo I had been trying to scrap for ages and so determined to make it work.
The photo is of Chloe in her baby seat the first time we turned it around, she was so happy that she could see us and the world while in the car now and made it alot easier to keep her entertained on the long trip.

So I actually thought I had finished this layout, even had photographed it and written the blog post, before I looked back at it and decided to change/add to it a bit. The first take looked like this:

Facing Forward

The second take was only a little different. I fought so desperately hard to try and bring the hints of red out the first time around, but just couldn't do it, I think I like the photo too much and the hint of colour it has. Although second time I brought it in just a little with the tulle photo edge.


Improvement? 
(minus the photo quality not being as good)
Oh did I mention, surprise surprise, this is a sketch challenge layout. This time from the Creative Scrappers blog, which offer a new sketch each week.


The sketch has been turned 90degrees to the left. I used the detail behind the photo in the sketch as an arrow with the chevron wood like paper (loved it!) and kept the arrows going under the title and randomly around the background.



Nicole
XoXoX

1 comment:

  1. Second one definitely looks better Nic. I think the pink under the photo finishes it off nicely. Can't wait to see you all in August. XXXX

    ReplyDelete