Sunday, August 11, 2013

Layout - Introducing

I have been slowly working on this page for over 2 weeks! It is a must do baby layout. The introduction page with the birth details.


I took my inspiration from the blue doodlebug notebook-like paper and the simple stories cork paper and decided to design the page as if it was a hospital clip board.
The page is fairly busy, with lil bits and pieces of info everywhere but everything on the page serves to provide info or add to the realism (eg the tabs at the top left).
To ensure Jayce's name (the title) wasn't lost in the crowd it is the only thing on the page that is actually straight, everything else is stuck at an angle.


First step was the clip for the clip board which I freehand drew then cut out from grey card stock. To help with realism I 'embossed' it by drawing onto the back over a soft surface to make indents then rubbed grey chalk on to the front to emphasis them.


I used a blank calender card to tell his birth date and added the time on a card behind it. I have used the Kaisercraft report card stamp again (seriously liking it atm) and this time added in his agar scores.


I searched my lss for awhile to find something with 'details' on it but this notes cut out fits in perfectly and houses all the usually stats. A must say a massive thank you to my aunty Mandy who printed a huge bunch of words with her dymo for me and posted them up. Thanks! They are exactly what I wanted to added to the paper work type theme.


I have also used keepsakes as embellishments, what better place to keep them safe. There are the hospital wrist bands for Jayce and I on the bottom left and on the bottom right under the 'notes' cut out is the tag that was on Jayces crib.


The more observant eyes may have noticed the decorative bracket with more of the screw brads on the bottom right. Well it actually works and lifts the 'notes' paper to show off the hospital crib tag and the back of the paper. I was disappointed when I realised that the 'week in review' was the same piece, I really liked both. This way I could use both and put on added details of the week that was of Jayces birth.

What do you think? Did I take the clip board idea too far or pull it off alright? Let me know.
XoXoX Nicole

Materials: (a bit of everything...)
Doodlebug Design Inc - Boys Only - Clip Art
Simple Stories - 24/Seven - Cork
Bella Blvd - We're Expecting - Coming Soon
Bella Blvd - Baby Girl - Daddy's Girl
Bella Blvd - Baby Boy - Mommy's Boy
Echo Park - Everyday Eclectic - Hexagons
Echo Park - Today's Story - Discover
Kaisercraft - Konstrukt - 6x6 Paper Pad
Bella! - Mat Stack - Wedding
Cardstock - Grey and White
American Crafts - Thickers - Bliss Black
Studio Calico - Adhesive Letter Set- 105
Authentique - Fresh - Elements
Kaisercraft - Stamp - Class of '87
Simple Stories - 3x4 Sn@p! Cards - Snappy Days
Kaisercraft - Flourish Pack - Nappy Pins
Bella Blvd - Washi Tape - Yellow Chevron
Decorative bracket and paper clips
Brads - Screw Top
Dymo (Thanks again Mandy)

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic effect Nic so happy the dymo words were what you wanted can't wait to see it first hand and look at all the other info that is hidden. Job well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute!!! I love how you've included the hospital bracelets...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your layering & all the bits of memorabillia. Gorgeous layout :)

    ReplyDelete