Thursday, January 30, 2014

Love You Guys - ACC & Scrapbook Creations

Well I did it. Yet another layout for this month. That takes the grand total to 6! And think that will be it. I was hoping to get in one more but seem to have run out of time. There was just soo much inspiration around this month!!

Love Love Love You Guys!

I have LOVED this photo pf Jayce and Chloe from the moment I saw it! They look so happy having a nice cuddle in the morning.
Inspiration for this page came from two different places.
First up, the layout is from the January sketch challenge over at the online store Annas Craft Cupboard


My followers out there have probably realised by now that I just can't help myself when it comes to hearts! They make their way into most of my pages one way or another. So when I saw this sketch I just knew I'd have a photo perfect for it.

Second is from the January Inspiration Board at the blog of the Scrapbook Creation Magazine.

You can probably guess that most of my inspiration came from the top left photo of the bright umbrella with the dull background. I couldn't resist re-creating it on my page.


To create the heart I simply drew the it on white cardstock, divided it up, numbered the pieces then cut up the slices and then cut out that shape from Bella Blvd papers. By using Bella Blvd I knew that any papers I chose the colours would go together well. Love that all their products. Then it was just a matter on sticking them back in order onto another piece on white cardstock.


Like the inspiration piece I wanted the only colour to be in the heart hence I kept embellishments to a minimum. Instead making the title a bit more interested by backing the words love 2 and 3 times in grey-scaled cardstock. Plus two lines of grey vellum hearts to really hit home the love around the photo.


I really do love these guys and it makes me soo proud to see them love each other soo much! They light up when they see each other! I know it will all change one day but until then I relish every moment!
XoXoX Nicole

Materials.
Cardstock - Black, dark grey, light grey, white.
Bella Blvd - Freestyle Sophisticates - Scallop
Bella Blvd - Baby Boy - Mommas Boy
Bella Blvd - We're Expecting - Baby Boy Bump
Bella Blvd - Mr Boy - Borders & Blocks
Bella Blvd - Freestyle Sophisticates - Pickled Juice
Bella Blvd - Baby Boy - On The Go
Bella Blvd - Socialite - Cute Cuts
Bella Blvd - Winter Wonder - Icy
Bella Blvd - Too Cute To Spook - Spooky Night
Bella Blvd - Christmas Wishes - Christmas Love
Bella Blvd - Baby Girl - Snuggly Safari
Bella Blvd - Winter Wonder - Blizzard
Bella Blvd - Baby Girl - Boarders
Bella Blvd - Birthday Girl -
Skipping 5 - Puffy Things
Amy Tangerine - Thickers - Goodness
Vellum

3 comments:

  1. Love love love your page!! That multi colored heart is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favourite photos too Nic. Love what you have done with the hearts. Well done on the total pages done for January. Very impressed. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous page, such a great take on the mood board, I love how you put together the heart!

    ReplyDelete