Sunday, July 6, 2014

Teddy Bear - My Creative Sketches

Welcome to the 2nd half of the year. Still hard to believe we are already here.
I have another 'My Mr Man' series layout to share with you today. If you would like you check out the other layouts from this series I invite you to use the 'Content' labels which you can find listed at the bottom of the right sidebar.
The picture is of Jayce looking particularly cute in his super fluffy suit on a shopping trip, I think he stole a few hearts this outing.

My Mr Teddy Bear Man

This photo has been printed and hanging around my scrappy mess since it was taken in November last year, almost teasing me to be scrapped. But when I saw the Webster's Pages Hello World collection announcement I knew I had to be strong and wait to match these two up!


This layout is designed around the June sketch from My Creative Scrappers.
Normally a sketch instantly inspires me and I know that I must use it asap, however I wasn't completely sold with this one. I printed it out anyway and it seemed to gradually grow on me until that light bulb moment did finally hit.
It was the lighter triangles in the corners and the dashed lines that brought the layout together, they made me think of transparencies and stitching respectively.


The idea of stitching over the clothes line on the transparencies just seemed logically to me.


It was the triangles to the left of the photo in the sketch that kept me from jumping on this sketch, everything I thought of/tried took anyway from my photo too much. Eventually good ol' never going out of style chevrons came to my rescue.


The 'smile' charm is from the Websters 'Record It' collection my equal favourite Websters collection.


You may notice that the absolutely perfect sticker 'can you believe how cute this is?' has a bit of extra colour... That would be Chloes addition =( thanks bub.
XoXoX Nicole.


Edit: I am very pleased to note that this page was chosen in the top 3 at My Creative Sketches. Thank you so very much for your support.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour for a beautiful boy. Love the background and love the stitching over the clothes lines. I think Chloe may be a scrapper in the making! Well done both of you :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour Chloe added blends in well, could have been bright red. Very nicely done once again Nicycole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO! Love all the details, the best work in this contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout, I love how you used the sketch. Thank you for joining the My Creative Scrapbook sketch challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awhh so cute! Thanks for playing at my craetive sketches...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable! Thanks for joining us at My Creative Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute! I want those onsies transparencies!

    ReplyDelete