Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Neanie - OUAS & Words + Paintery

So I figured I was about due to create a page that is completely not my normal style, although I don't consider myself as having 'a style' there are definitely styles I do a lot less then others. Plus I stumbled across a brand new blog challenge that would do just that.
But first things firsts. The layout.

(Nanna) Neanie

This page is a happy snap of my two crazy kiddies with their equally crazy Neanie (my mother).
That new challenge blog I referred to is Words & Paintery. So new in fact, that this is their first ever challenge.


Now the blog was a little light on exact details, but the idea is to embrace mixed media scrapbooking (something I don't often do and you know I like a challenge to be just that, a challenge). You are provided with colours and a word, as yet I am not sure whether the word is a technique to be used or a topic to be scraped (if the latter, woops).


I have done a bunch of painting incorporating the three challenges colours, which I mixed myself from dyslusion inks blue yellow and white, using a Heidi Swapp heart stencil over and over. I also did some messy stamping with some Kaisercraft texture stamps.


Every now and then I feel the need to make a page with more meaning then a happy snap. When that happens I head start to the Once Upon A Sketch challenge blog, they provide a sketch and a topic/prompt for journalling.



Novembers challenge prompt is 'inspiration'.
I split the journalling over two spots. The top is the more general, my usual, words about the who and what. 



While the journalling lower down is more in depth words, although I still wrote them in a light-hearted humorous way, it talks about how my mum has inspired me as a mum.
The gorgeous fabric heart is from Charms Creations (who, btw, is having a sale on the facebook page atm) I think I also took some inspiration from the pages she creates with the washi tape, sting, and doily.


As much as I dislike flowers on my pages, this page really did need them (I fought really hard too!)
Well that was my field trip into the world of mixed media. Maybe I will be back again...
XoXoX Nicole

9 comments:

  1. Love the colours. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Your page are fab! Thanks for playing with Words & Paintery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love it - fellow aussie YAY - thanks for playing with us - and I spy a lovely Charms Creations heart xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl after my own heart.....I find flowers 'difficult'...but keep trying to overcome that difficulty! I just did a page for Words and Paintery, too....the colours are GORG....works super duper well with our challenge at OUAS, too....LOVE & ADORE the way you've done the hearts.....superb interpretation of our sketch:):) And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a heart warming layout. Thanks for playing with us at W&P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! I like it very much!
    Thank You for playing with us at Words & Paintery and Once Upon A... Sketch this month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO sweet!! Love all the hearts in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great page. I love the blue/green colour combination. A lovely photo of Grandma and grandkids. Love the hearts and the different take on the background around the photo. You're sizzling Nic. Keep it up! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this kind of creative scrapbooking! Light and cheerfull! Thanks for playing with us at OUAS! AND offcourse words & paintery :)

    ReplyDelete