Thursday, June 26, 2014

Water Dragon - Purple Pumpkin

Hello everyone.
How are we today? What is the weather like in your part of the world? Sydney has been windy and horrible for 3 days now making the kids and I stir crazy but scraping some happy summer photos that bit extra pleasing.
I finally have another layout to add to the 'My Mr Man' series about Jayce. Taking the total to only 3 but plenty more in planning. You can view the other two here and here

My Mr Water Dragon Man

This kid LOVES the water. Jumps in any chance he gets whether it be shower, bath, pool or puddle. He got this super cute swimming outfit from my mother for Christmas so I HAD to snap a few shots the first time he wore it (and everytime since)


The layout of the page was inspired by the current sketch challenge over at Purple Pumpkin, a super cute embellishment shop. Can you see the resemblance? 


Like my previous page, this one also uses only Simple Stories 'Good Day Sunshine' collection. I was actually working on them both at the same time to ensure I didn't use something on one page I wanted for the other.
I LOVE the colours in this collection. So bright and happy. Plus like any SS collection there are plenty for embellishments to match! I have used a bunch of the brads on this page, two of which hold the twine banner.


There is absolutely no glue involved in this banner. The 'flag' pieces were fussy cut from the blah blah paper then two tiny holes punched and twine threaded. I then wrapped the twine around the brads a few times and tied the ends together, job done. This way it looks naturally placed and a bit different each time.


The photos are much more important then the title here, so I backed them with white and used flat alpha stickers. I tried to blend the My Mr Man part into the background colour to make the main part of the title stand out. The 'g' in dragon was actually blue but I coloured it with a yellow marker to make it match.
XoXoX Nicole

Edit: I am also linking this layout up at Paper Issues for their current Issue: Gettin' the Scoop on the Sweet Days of Summer link party. A great spot to get some extra summery inspiration from other scrappers.

5 comments:

  1. You are so clever - colouring your alpha in the title to match...looooove how you have used the colour on your page - it really is a LOVELY page...gorgeous work:):) Thanks so much for joining us at Purple Pumpkin for this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rainbow and colourful accents with those CUTE photos. Great page

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this photo of Jayce. So glad you scrapped it. The colours are vibrant, just like his beautiful smile. You have coordinated the colours and embelishments beautifully. Well done Nic. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, this is adorable!! LOVE those photos! and love the papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This is absolutely adorable! LOVE the cute photos. And the colours just scream happy! What an awesome take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Purple Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete